Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tools of the Trade: Ink Review - Private Reserve DC Super Violet

Since I've got a little stock of ink reviews already written up, I thought I'd carry on the tradition of Tools of the Trade and post up another one. This one's not a blue! Shock! Gasp! Seriously though, I have a few other non-inky tricks up my sleeve for the blog, but I enjoy smearing cool colors all over my desk enough that ink reviews are a natch.

Private Reserve DC Super Violet

 

This ink is a fun one, and I'm glad I got a big bottle of it when I had the chance. It was a limited edition, brewed up by the folks at Private Reserve for the DC Pen Show. It is my understanding that they only released 500 bottles of it, which is a shame because I will miss it when it is gone. I'm a purple fan and have several different shades, but this one has a special nuclear, eye-searing quality I haven't found elsewhere. I think that PR has a history of making these special edition inks part of their usual production runs, so maybe this one will get the same treatment.

Check out my review and let me know what you think or if you have anything to add. It has been brought to my attention that my comments have been screwy on the site. If you're trying to comment but it doesn't seem to show up properly, drop me an email at blankpagewarrior (at) gmail (dot) com. (Die, spambots, die!).

The scan is missing a bit of vibrancy and looks a little darker than what I see in front of me, but you can check out color corrected swabs at Goulet Pens. (No affiliation except a satisfied customer and active user of their impressive library of swabs and info!) It also appears that they have some small bottles in stock right now. I still don't know if it is considered a "regular" color now, but buy them up!


No comments: